Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, April 23, 2007

Dreams and Visions

The night before last night I had a dream, one of those dreams that wake you up because they're so different to reality that you just know it can't be real (which is sad in this case!).

Anyway, I was dreaming about normal stuff, I was the leader of a youth event and the kids wanted to grab some food from the supermarket. They were all lined up with their goodies at the register when I ran in to tell everyone to get moving, because Jesus was coming and we had to get to a specific place (not sure where). I ran back outside and the entire sky was glowing, mostly bright reddy-pink like a sunset, but also half-covered with rainbow upon rainbow, upon rainbow.... It seems kinda weird, but I had this new 'gift' where I could run super-fast and I ran all over the place letting people know they had to come to the place where Jesus was going to be. Then I woke up... it was one of those dreams you want to 'get back into'...

Now this is completely unscriptural as far as dreams go... perhaps I had had one too many conversations about "the end of the world" or seen one too many movies about superpowers, BUT...

Last night at Waverley Salvos Youth service ('Fusion' @ 8pm).... I was blown away...

It was a great service, with a great message - "is Jesus the MOST important?"
Heaps of kids were responding with prayer while "None but Jesus" was playing on CD, when BOOM! the dream smacked me in the head. I suddenly understood part of what it meant...
I still have a huge heart to see young people saved.... to see them run after Jesus.... and to see God do the miraculous in our world. My job? run around everywhere as fast as I can to tell everyone to get ready, to get "in the right place" for when Jesus returns.
Whoa, what a challenge.
Are you ready? he won't be long...
"When the last days come, I will give my Spirit to everyone. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will have dreams. In those days I will give my Spirit to my servants, both men and women, and they will prophesy. I will work miracles in the sky above and wonders on the earth below. There will be blood and fire and clouds of smoke. The sun will turn dark, and the moon will be as red as blood before the great and wonderful day of the Lord appears. Then the Lord will save everyone who asks for his help."
ACTS 1:17-21

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jo, you are truly an amazing young woman of God. I pray for you regularly. I pray that this passion will never be extinguished and that you will remain strong even when faced with those who just dont get it (and they are out there) I pray that you will continue to be surrounded by likeminded and like spirited people and the flame within you will burn brighter.

Blessings.

Lieutenant Jo said...

Thanks so much for your encouragement! ....your prayers are worth more than you know.

I pray that "like-spirited" will soon be a term of the past... (because everyone will have the same Spirit - the Holy Spirit).

Blessings back to you and in your work for the Lord! Thanks again for your prayers, I really appreciate them and I'm sure Pete does too.

MERCYPEACEGRACE said...

We seem to be entering a season of urgency - what a powerful reminder! I feel like your working hard in the fields Jo, but don't get discouraged as you toil and sweat in the sun...the harvest is coming!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo,
Never lose your passion....

As I said to Pete in his blog... never let the institution get in the road of your vision and the heart you have for the lost.

May You and Pete be truly blessed and you use the gifts God has given to each of you to reach the lost with the grace and compassion of Jesus Christ.

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Have you fallen of the end of the planet cadet?

Lieutenant Jo said...

sorry, fell into the Flu abyss followed by the a lengthy battle with "The Assignment from Hell"... finally killed it, have come out a little worse for wear...
but still have my battle gear on, bring it on! ;o)


Stop The Traffik