Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, April 19, 2007

WAAAHHHH!!!! ARGHHHH!!!!! *sob* HELP US LORD!!!!

I'm in a ranting mood and I'm sitting at the computer crying because of the blogs I've just read. So much passion. A united groaning for the Army is being sent up... weeping, hurting people, in pain because God's vision weighs so heavily on them...

How can we have so many on-fire people in our Army, people with vision and passion and full of the Holy Spirit, people showing the Army God's way foward and putting their lives on the line to do it.... and yet the Army in the west continues to shrink and wither away before their eyes?

Why Lord??? How can it happen? How can the situation be so dire, yet I sit here in the library, in the college, crying, waiting for the day I can break out into your glorious mission, make the hard decisions to see more people saved, to see the church and your kingdom grow, to put it all on the line for you!!!??!!

Send your rain on us Father God, refresh us... make us green and alive!
Send your fire Holy Spirit, burn us up, consume the dross, leave us shining in your light
Send your blood Lord Jesus! wash us, purify us, make us holy through your sacrifice...

Perhaps I'm just being emotional.... perhaps I'm connecting with the pain I'm feeling for the lost.... whatever its for, it hurts, and it makes me want to do God's will, to cry out on behalf of our world, our Army and God's people.

Lord take these inner groanings, these unintelligible words, and through your love accept them as an offering... one of brokenness... send your mercy upon us Lord... revive us once again. Amen.

4 comments:

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Elisha was content, when he was called, to simply serve Elijah for a while. He learned from him, saw what was possible, became humble before the Lord.

When Elijah went to Glory, Elisha inherited a double portion of Elijah's spirit.

His 'wasted' years of preparation certainly weren't wasted. It was valuable preparation.

I want to encourage you to continue building up you passion, your knowledge, your relationship with the Lord. Seek after holiness...it is the worlds greatest need!

Keep fighting as a soldier.

yours in Jesus

Andrew C

Lieutenant Jo said...

I agree totally Andrew, but where do I find 'Elijah'???!!




We need people of passion and vision to stretch us in serving the Lord. Where's 'Elijah' when you need him (her)...

There are some fabulous leaders in the Army around here (and soon to be here). Maybe the question is how I access these 'Elijah's' to make this 'preparation time' most valuable...

Food for thought (and prayer!)

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Can I recommend Jesus? Do you know him? :o)

John 14:12
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Lieutenant Jo said...

Hehe, very funny!

still tied up in knots about the Army though... lets see what Jesus will do about that... ;o)


We talked in class today about 'struggle' being healthy... at least I'm healthy in one aspect of my life!

Thanks for your challenges Andrew, keeps my rants in perspective! Bless ya!


Stop The Traffik