Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Church x 5

I went to 5 services last Sunday... FIVE!

That's pretty extreme, even for a Cadet, but you know what? I didn't get bored, didn't get sick of hearing about God, meeting with His people or getting into worship!

But really, what's the point of all this church stuff? As much as I love it all, sometimes I wonder at how much time we actually spend on preparing a service. Whether its worth the effort if our focus is on the wrong things. Could we we better use our time in the community? reaching new people for Christ? Or do we just need a renewed idea of what 'church' is really about?

I haven't formulated any real answers for myself as to what church should look like (believers meeting together) or how I should go about enabling worship. But I find myself very uncomfortable with anything that smacks of 'performance'... instead, yearning for the 'authentic' when meeting with other Christians in church settings.

Of the five services I went to, I still found myself drawn to the younger, informalish, "authenticity-chasing"-type service, where people don't take themselves too seriously, but seriously worship the Lord and seriously seek to make their faith real in the everday.

But.... praise the Lord for variety in the Body of Christ!!!!

3 comments:

Brian's Blog said...

Soul winners, and mentors, celebrating the Lord's presence.
Great thoughts, Jo.

Cadet Stobes!! said...

Authentic worship ALL they way.. Count me in!

Ian Peters said...

I have just set up a Blog Prayer tree for the SA
http://prayertreesast.blogspot.com/


Stop The Traffik