Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back home in a flash!

Since my last post, we've had more fun here at Sunrise (Drug & Alcohol Rehab), spent a day out on an excursion with clients (to see the Wetlands, tour a fishing lure factory and BBQ at Howard Springs). We've 'shadowed' some different help groups, so now Pete has learnt to deal with his anger and I've learnt to be a better parent (!!). We're getting to know the guys here and they've started to warm up to us, so its set to become an interesting journey! I'm running a short chapel service this Friday and preaching a sermon for Palm Sunday at Palmerston Corps - busy, busy!

The last two Sundays have been way interesting! Week before last was the African service at Darwin Corps, the Spirit was moving in a new and exciting way (some demon butt was kicked!) - I maintain it is a direct result of the three and a bit days of '24/7 prayer' (a roster of constant prayer) the Corps participated in that weekend! God really does bless the ministry of those who commit to prayer in this way... I love to see what happens when God's people get serious about spending time with him. 24/7 all the way! (for college people - stick with prayer even if others fall off the wagon - its worth it!).

We spent five days back in Melbourne for Lisa's wedding last week (courtesy of Tiger Airways $9.95 one-way fare special!!!). It was awesome to be back with family and to see my little sister enjoying the wedding rollercoaster, a huge milestone in a difficult journey (Scott and Lisa having a intercontinental relationship!). Anyway, everything and everyone was gorgeous, especially Lisa and the boys in their kilts! High 5 to Sandy Crowden for her skilful "marrying" abilities! ;o)

Since getting back people have asked us if we miss people back home. Honestly I don't miss people yet (its not worth doing until they're actually 'missing'!), mainly because I know my friends and family will still be there when I return. Another reason is that I know we are meant to be here in Darwin, God has given me a heart for the people here and I know he will use me and Pete in a mighty big way if we are faithful to being where he wants us to be! I guess thats the key - I'm content because I'm able to finally live my calling... and I'm loving it.

2 comments:

Sarah Eldridge said...

So glad it's been going so well Jo, I've been praying for you and Pete! Love you both lots,
Sare xxx

Lieutenant Jo said...

Thanks Sare!
keep 'em coming... God is working in the lives of the D&A guys here at Sunrise Centre!!!! Your prayers are SO appreciated!

love you too ;o)


Stop The Traffik