Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, July 06, 2007

Jesus & Courage - thats what I want...

Acts 4:13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.


You know what? I don't really care what people think of my life... especially my schooling. I've done tons of educational stuff and sometimes good, other times bad.... but when it comes down to it, I want to focus on what really matters in a life lived for Jesus.

For those of you fully committed to God and ready to jump into whatever he asks of you... what is necessary for a future of full-time ministry?

  • Is it how professionally and religiously you can execute a prayer?
  • Is it your ability to rip apart any verse of the bible in the name of 'exegesis'?
  • Is it the skill of digging into the meaning of everything, ignoring how simple it really is?
  • Is it to present the Christian 'look' of piousness?
  • Is it to remain in control at all costs?
  • Is it to climb to the top of the career heap?

No way. Perhaps thats the 'art' or 'science' of ministry, but its not the soul... the core essentials for doing God's work.

Courage and Jesus... thats what's needed.

Peter and John were unschooled.... ordinary....
But they had the essentials for 'success' in ministry: they hung out with Jesus and they had guts.


Disclaimer: education is important - but not the MOST important!

4 comments:

Aidan said...

I definately agree, so much of Christianity is mindy, let's have some more Spirit inspired minds, not humanly inspired minds. I'm sure God won't mind if we're not too clued up on the things of this passing world.

Simon Mapleback said...

Hey Jo,

I heard recently God + 1 is a majority so that's all that matters, doesn't matter bout everyone else's opinions, we've got Jesus!!

Catch ya on the weekend

Ann said...

Captain Stephen Court in his blog a few weeks ago stated, in amongst other stuff:

"Did you know that the current JAC (top right) has an interview with Noland in which he weighs in on formal education: "Some of the finest officers I know have no formal education but their practical experience has educated them beyond the most highly held Ph.D. I have come to believe that the best education is found in the trenches."
----
Did you know that none of the Generals preceding Burrows had a post secondary education (that I can tell from Year Book and bios)?"

Education is important yes, but Jesus and courage, together with obedience is the most important. My younger daughter and her fiance (wedding next July!) have registered their intent re officership and she has been worried about her lack of higher education qualifications.... but I know God's hand is upon her and that He will use her as she is obedient to His calling.... she has so much to give and I am thrilled!
God bless,
Ann

Sarah Eldridge said...

Amen my beautiful cousin! AMEN! :)


Stop The Traffik