Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jo's News

Wow... time is flying by fast, seems like yesterday we were still on out-placement in Darwin (NT)! Since then we've had holidays, which was a week off (bludging) followed by a week at Hillsong Conference with the Werribee Corps Crew...

Hillsong was awesome, we had planned to take a guy with us from our time in Darwin, but that fell through, so we took Shauny from Altona Corps who had never been (one word - 'road-trip'!). By far the highlights of the conference was hearing Judah Smith and Joyce Meyer preach, also the awesome worship leadership of Joel Houston and seeing an increased focus on Social Justice throughout. God really worked in that place and it was a huge joy to see the hunger and response in the Werribee crew. Personally I felt God doing a new thing in me... a deep refreshing and a new empowerment of love (holiness) - a huge blessing to my personal spirituality and for facing this last long semester in college!

College has also started back classes, it actually took a while to get used to the old routine again! Some great news, is that we have two cadets from Indonesia staying here for the next couple of months, Olwin and Nilla are two special "Witnesses" who already feel like part of the family!

Baby news - I finally had my first ultrasound! It was awe-inspiring to actually see a tiny life on the screen, moving around and hiding from the 'camera' (to the the utter frustration of ultrasound technician!). I can't believe a baby can be so beautifully formed even at the 20-week mark - human life really is a miracle... I have a DVD and some photos, so for those who see me often, ask me for a look! (I promise I'll post them on my blog soon). Not feeling any kicks yet, but thats ok... I'm healthy, the baby's healthy and everything's 'normal'. The due date has changed to early December, which is a bit of a relief considering our commissioning/graduation is the 30th of Nov! I'm trying to figure out maternity uniforms now... the joys of pregnancy in college!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So excited to hear about the baby... praying you don't go into labour early :) that would be a fun commissioning!!! Thinking of you.

Loads of love, Debbie

http://spaces.msn.com/debmessy


Stop The Traffik