Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Monday, May 19, 2008

Some Fun News...

I feel like I've told everyone in the world, but I realised, hey there's stacks of ppl who check up on me on this blog that I might not have any contact with otherwise....
Well anyway, my awesome news is:
I'm having a baby!

It's truly awesome, not just because baby's are cute and its nice to have them around, what is most awesome is that Pete and I have been hoping and praying hard for this over three long years. So many times I gave up hope that God would grant us this miracle without some medical intervention.... But it seems that God's power is enough in our case! (who'd have thought! LOL).
Besides the excitement we feel about such a huge blessing, we are sure it is God's timing - right now it seems the baby is due on the day of our commissioning! (NO ONE would plan that!). Cue: jokes about birth on stage etc... ;o)

Well thats our news, we are both stoked at the journey ahead of us and look forward to introducing another Brookshaw into the world!

8 comments:

Captain Andrew Clark said...

Praise God for your news. Praying that you keep well through your pregnancy.

Praying too that your child will be a world-changing Jesus-lover.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations,
I am soooooo very happy for you both.
Love Sandy

Lieutenant Jo said...

Thanks Andrew, we're praying the same, this kid is going to be one revolutionary influence for Jesus!

Thanks Sandy, I think mum might freak out soon with all these new babies!!!! Hope it doesn't put too much pressure on the newly-weds.. hehe!

Anonymous said...

I was excited to hear such awesome news!!! What a blessing. Will now change my prayers for you guys to cover 3 instead of 2 :) I did some research and was excited to find out your baby should have finger nails and toe nails by now, way cool!!!

Darren Lamotte said...

How scary is that another Brookshaw in the world !! Congratulations to you both, this is awesome news. Cant wait to catch up with you both soon.

Anonymous said...

haven't even met you, and I'm excited for you....have been very impressed by your writings (both of you), and the TACO initiative (hope to use that in my corps in the fall) and just know that God is going to give you the desires of your heart and make all your works succeed.

Sarah Eldridge said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! I wasn't sure whether this news was common knowledge yet! I'm so glad it is!!

I can't wait to meet my little... man, what would he/she be... 3rd cousin once removed?!... either way, I can't wait to meet the little person!

I know you will be amazing parents, and that your children (yes children...there are more to come!) will be blessed, and blessings to you and all the people you meet in your appointments.

Remember - if you need a babysitter, I'll be looking for an excuse to procrastinate study next year! :)
Love you guys xoxoxox

Andrew said...

Praise God. Hallelujah!


Stop The Traffik